School Safety Project
National School Safety Project - this scheme is being implemented in 8600 schools in 43 districts of 22 states i.e. Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Meghalaya, Manipur, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, Nagaland, Punjab, Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Delhi, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra. An estimated cost of Rs. 47.48 crore will be involved in implementation of the scheme. This is a demonstration project to promote a culture of safety in schools by initiating policy level changes, capacity building of officials, teachers, students and other stake holders by undertaking information, education and communication activities, promoting non structural mitigation measures and demonstrating structural initiatives in a few schools. The following activities are being taken up under the project by Capacity Building and Training Division:- Development of Standard Teachers Training module (TTM) Training of Master Trainers/Teachers Distribution of disaster preparedness kits. Organizing mock drills. Capacity building of Engineers. In addition to the above two major projects, cited above, Capacity Building and Training Division is regularly processing cases for conduct of Workshops/ Seminars/ Conferences / Symposiums organized by various State Government Premier Training and Academic Institutes, Civil Society Groups and Non Government organizations on subjects based on disaster management activities such as preparedness, mitigation, response, relief and rehabilitation.
- List of Engineers trained in the first and second batch at IIT- Roorkee on Rapid Visual Screening (RVS) and Retrofitting techniques.
- Framework on School Safety Mock Exercise.
- Checklist for Non-structural elements in schools under National School Safety Programme
- Non-structural risks in School Buildings
- Training module for Master Trainers on School Safety
- National School Safety Programme - IEC Compendium
- List of Master Trainer Programme on School Safety
- "Act Now Save Later" Videos
- Training of Master Trainers Programme on School Safety
- National School Safety Programme(NSSP)-Brochure
- National School Safety Programme(NSSP)-Brochure (Hindi)
- Financial Management Manual of National School Safety Programme.
- School DM plan template and guidance note developed under National School Safety Programme (Hindi).
- School DM plan template and guidance note developed under National School Safety Programme (English).
- IEC Material on National School Safety Project (NSSP)- A Demonstrative Project
- Last Updated on Thursday, 16 July 2015 16:27