Do's and Don'ts - Cold Wave
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
- Check that you have adequate winter clothing.
- Monitor all media outlets for weather and emergency procedure information.
- Check on any neighbours who live alone, especially the elderly.
- Ensure emergency supplies are easily accessible-no power means-no electricity.
- Use only one room-an internal room or passage will be easier to heat. Regular hot drinks will maintain body heat to fight the cold.
- If electricity fails, freezers will preserve food for up to 48 hours if the door is kept shut.
- Ensure that adequate clothing is worn-many light layers are better than one thick layer.
- Hats and mufflers help to prevent heat loss.
- Maintain proper ventilation when using kerosene heater or coal oven to avoid toxic fumes.
- Eat healthy food to supply heat to the body and drink non alcoholic beverages.
- Visit doctor for signs of frostbite: loss of feeling and white or pale appearance on fingers, toes, ear lobes and the tip of the nose.
- Visit doctor for signs of hypothermia (subnormal body temperature); uncontrolled shivering, memory loss, disorientation, incoherence, slurred speech, drowsiness and apparent exhaustion.
- अंतिम बार अपडेट हुआ बुधवार, 15 मार्च 2017 11:19