NDMA –IGNOU Pilot Project on Capacity building on Disaster Management.
NDMA in collaboration with IGNOU has implemented a pilot Project on capacity building on disaster management of Government Officials (GOs), representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) & Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in the areas of disaster prevention, preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery by conducting 8 Face to Face Training Programmes (FFTPs) at all the designated centres in the following 54 districts of 11 hazard prone states.
- Andhra Pradesh – Ananthapur, Mahbubnagar, Srikakulam, Nellore, Prakasham.
- Assam- Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Barpeta, Dhubri, Cachar.
- Bihar – Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Supaul, Madhepura.
- Haryana – Gurgaon, Panipat, Ambala, Yamuna Nagar, Rohtak.
- Himachal Pradesh – Kullu, Kinnaur, Chamba, Kangra, Manali.
- Kerala - Idukki, Wayanad, Malappuram, Ernakulam and Palakkad
- Maharashtra- Nasik, Raigarh, Thane, Pune, Satara.
- Orissa – Ganjam, Bhadrak, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Balasore.
- Tripura – North Tripura, South Tripura, East Tripura (Dhalai), West Tripura.
- Uttarakhand - Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Uttarkashi.
- West Bengal – Bankura, South Dinajpur, Murshidabad, Burdwan, Purba Medinipur.
The project outlay was Rs. 2.33 crore and project completed in June, 2013. Out of the total outlay, Rs. 2.25 crore was released under the project.
In all, 16479 participants against the targeted number of 16200 participants were trained under the scheme. Out of the total 16479, 6648(40.34%) were Government officials, 7941(48.19%) were Panchayati Raj Institutions representatives and 1890(11.43%) were representatives of Urban Local Bodies. Out of the total 16,479 participants, 4623 (28.05%) were women participants.